Aller au contenu

Timemachine De L

Letrom

Messages recommandés

Bonjour à tous

Il y a une dizaine de jour j'avais applique la bidouille de "Avosmac" de mars 2007 pour faire reconnaître les disque réseau à Time machine.

Impossible de faire des sauvegarde via l'outil d'Apple.

Bonne nouvelle :

Apple viens de rendre cette semaine (19-20 mars 2008) les synology comme volume de sauvegarde de TimeMachine.

Et time machine prends toute la place qu'on lui laisse :-)

Si quelqu'un à une solution pour limiter la taille du volume avec le firmware 2, je suis preneur

Merci d'avance.

• 6 mois après...

Bonjour à tous

Et time machine prends toute la place qu'on lui laisse :-)

Si quelqu'un à une solution pour limiter la taille du volume avec le firmware 2, je suis preneur

Merci d'avance.

As tu essayé de faire cette sauvegarde sur un autre disk que celui du syno ? genre un disque USB connecté au syno ?

Et question annexe : en quoi as tu formaté ce disk (si tu l'as tenté) ?

Mes dernières tentative ne m'ont pas donné de succés...

A te lire

Nico

• 4 semaines après...
  • 1 mois après...

Here's a three-step process to create a Time Machine backup on a network-attached storage (NAS) unit.

1/ Create a sparsebundle image on your local system.

I'm not sure of the reason why, but I haven't been able to kick Time Machine off just by specifying a network share. It "prepares" for a while, then says it was unable to create the disk image. The solution appears to be to create a sparsebundle image locally. Thankfully, you don't need multiple Macs like another post suggested; you can accomplish this using hdiutil like so:

hdiutil create -size 50g -type SPARSEBUNDLE -nospotlight -volname "Time Machine" -fs HFS+J -verbose ~/Desktop/Macbook-Denis_0016cba52a68.sparsebundle

mv ~/Desktop/*.sparsebundle /Volumes/Mac

hdiutil resize -size 50g -shrinkonly /Volumes/Mac/Macbook-Denis_0016cba52a68.sparsebundle

# hdiutil resize -size 500m -shrinkonly /Volumes/Network_Drive_Name/path/to/timemachine.sparseimage

Where $SIZESPEC is the size of the backup volume, and $MACHINENAME_$MAC_ADRESS is your Mac's name followed by an underscore and then your Mac's MAC Address (otherwise known as its Ethernet ID; visible in the Network System Preferences panel), but without the colons. So if your Mac is named MyMac, and the Network System Preferences panel lists your Ethernet ID as 00:18:b3:11:84:dd, then you would use MyMac_0018b31184dd for the name of the sparsebundle.

The -size parameter can probably be as large as you want, now that Apple has evidently fixed the sparsebundle issues that were causing all but the most recent backup to be dumped. However, you can also specify a smaller size if you (like me) want to create a hard limit for the amount of space your Time Machine backups will take on your network drive. hdiutil does have a -resize option if you need to utilize that later.

2/ Copy the sparsebundle to the network share root. Easy enough. Mount your network share and copy it over. I used this Terminal command after the MyBackup share was mounted: cp -r mymachine_0017f2c8426b.sparsebundle /Volumes/MyBackup/.

3/ Puis taper la commande suivante dans le Terminal : defaults write com.apple.systempreferences TMShowUnsupportedNetworkVolumes 1

4/ Choisir la fréquence des sauvegardes

Si le choix du volume de sauvegarde permet pas mal de liberté, les autres options de Time Machine sont plutôt restreintes : - Impossible de par l'interface graphique. Il est en revanche possible de le faire en éditant le fichier com.apple.backupd-auto.plist dans le dossier Système/Bibliothèque/LaunchDaemons et de modifier la clé StartInterval : 
<key>StartInterval</key> <integer>3600</integer>

Modifié a 14400 (4heures)
La valeur 3600 (secondes) peut être remplacée par la valeur de votre choix. 
- Impossible de limiter facilement sa sauvegarde à un seul dossier : la sélection se fait en effet en excluant des dossiers de la sauvegarde, et non en les ajoutant :

5/ Disable the 'use this disk?' Time Machine dialog

This hint will be useful for those who use an abnormal amount of removable devices on their personal or work computer, or those who deploy 10.5 in a multi-machine environment. When you connect such devices, Time Machine asks if you'd like to use them for backing up. You can disable that warning -- just launch Terminal, and paste this line, then press Return:

defaults write com.apple.TimeMachine DoNotOfferNewDisksForBackup -bool YES

Time Machine will no longer ask to use the devices you connect. 
To reverse this, you can repeat the above command with NO at the end instead of YES.

I am using Time Machine to back up my MacBook Pro on a Samba drive connected to a Linux machine, per this hint. The thing is that when you use Time Machine, it will fill up your disk with backups. However, since I am using a shared networked drive, I wanted to leave free disk space for other users and keep my sysadmin happy. So, here is how you can prevent Time Machine from filling up your networked disk. 

First, when you use Time Machine with a SMB disk, it creates a .sparsebundle disk image to put the backup data into. The disk image has a capacity of 2.75 TB. Since my SMB disk has only 1.5 TB of capacity, the disk image shows that 1.25TB is used and 1.5TB is available. The trick is to create another sparsebundle disk image of a given capacity (I used 300GB) on the SMB disk. Use 'Mac OS Extended (Case-sensitive, Journaled)' as the volume format in Disk Utility. Name the volume the same as the volume used by Time Machine (it should be Backup of computerName), and save it to something like test.sparsebundle. 

Then, turn off Time Machine, mount your Time Machine backup image (by opening the .sparsebundle disk image on your SMB disk) and your newly-created disk image and use Disk Utility to 'restore' the Time Machine disk image into your new image. Click on the 'Erase Destination' button in order to allow Disk Utility to make a block copy of your Time Machine disk image. Wait for the process to finish. 

Once finished, unmount both images and open a Finder window into your SMB drive. Note the name of the disk image used by Time Machine; it should be computerName_ABC123DEF.sparsebundle, where ABC123DEF is your MAC address. Delete this image, and rename your test.sparsebundle to this name. Then, restart Time Machine. The next time it backs up, you will see that the backup disk image used by Time Machine now has a new capacity (300GB in my case), and Time Machine will not fill up your network disk. It will use no more than 300GB.

Archivé

Ce sujet est désormais archivé et ne peut plus recevoir de nouvelles réponses.

• Créer...

Information importante

Nous avons placé des cookies sur votre appareil pour aider à améliorer ce site. Vous pouvez choisir d’ajuster vos paramètres de cookie, sinon nous supposerons que vous êtes d’accord pour continuer.