Aller au contenu

Synology Subversion Server

Messages recommandés

I recently purchased a NAS box from Synology, A DS106j. I packed it out with a nice 500gb Hdd, and stuffed all my music on it, with space to spare. The box has some really nice features, Web server with PHP, A Torrent/Http download client (which comes in really handy for downloading large items from MSDN!), a nice Photo album that will auto create albums from photos on a usb key. Pretty neat. There’s a whole bunch of other stuff, but the interesting thing for me was the fact that inside, its a tiny linux box running NSLU2 so it should be quite modifiable.

Fortunately, it is. I happened across this page outlining what’s inside my DS106, and after some hunting i managed to track down a hack which enables telnet ! After reading the Synology Forums, ooh, for what seemed like whole minutes, I happened across some threads outlining how to install ipkg. Once ipkg was installed, its a short jump to installing the Latest subversion client, which was pretty painless. So, i now have a nice self-contained Subversion server, that’s always on, and facing the net (through my firewall) - no PC required! Sweet!

Ok, so here are the steps required to make your Synology box into a fully fledged Subversion Server.

DISCLAIMER : This involves flashing your ROM to allow telnet access and modifying your box. Follow these steps ONLY if you understand the risks. If following these instructions Bricks your Box, ends your marriage , exposes your credit card numbers to nigerian scammers and destroys all life on the planet, don’t blame me. Damn, it may even invalidate your warranty. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

1. Download the telnet hack from here - http://oinkzwurgl.org/dl.php?file=syno-telnet-r3.zip

2. Open up your browser, login to your Synology box, and go to the firmware update page.

3. upload the firmware, and flash your box. At this point the update will fail with an error 42 - this is normal, its designed this way to prevent your box rebooting.

4. Open up a telnet session (run a command prompt and type telnet) or if alternatively download Putty

5. connect to your Synology box - you should see the BusyBox login prompt! Congratulations, you’re half way there!

6. login as ‘root’ - the password will be the same as your Admin password on the Box’s web admin page.

7. Next download this file (http://oinkzwurgl.org/dl.php?file=bootstrap-ppc.tar.gz) and copy it a folder on your Synology box, ‘public’ will do.

8. next untar the archive using (if you copied the file to your public folder)

tar -xzvf /volume1/public/bootstrap-ppc.tar.gz

This will unzip the ipkg tools we’ll use for fetching and installing the subversion server.

9. create a link using

ln -s /volume1/opt /opt

10. and then append the new paths to the environment

export PATH=/opt/bin:/opt/sbin:$PATH

11. Next, get an updated package database and then make sure we have the latest version of the installer

ipkg update

ipkg upgrade

12. finally, we install the Subversion client with

ipkg install svn

13. Once that’s complete we can use the command line tools to create our repository, and fire up the svnserve server daemon.

Ok, so what are the chances of you getting this far, and not knowing how to use the svn command line tools? if you’re Wintel dev-chimp like me that spends most of his time looking for slick gui tools, then you’ll probably need a refresher, so here’s a couple of extra steps to get you started so you can go back to your nice Tortoise or AnkhSVN

1. Create a new shared folder from the Synology web client - and leave it visible in explorer. This allows access to the repositories file system from the PC so we can edit the configs (using the pc), and back it all up to the PC/Burn DVD images etc. when required. I created a new folder called ’svn’.

2. Create the repository in that shared folder we’ve just created using the web client with this :

svnadmin create /volume1/svn/repository

3. When your repository is created we then go back to the PC, and edit the subversion config files straight from the shared folder. Its important to use an editor that won’t mess up the line endings , something like Notepad++

4. Edit the config files in

repository/conf

5. you’ll need to add yourself a user , or enable anonymous access in the svnserve.conf file. RTFM for how to do this, but the config files do outline the bare minimums.

6. at the command prompt fire up the subversion server

svnserve -d -r /volume1/svn/repository

Note : you may need to reboot your synology box after changing the configs. Mine wouldn’t give me access until i’d rebooted, so YMMV.

also, you might like to add the svnserve command into the etc/rc config file. if you do, remember to make sure the /opt/bin and /opt/sbin paths are exported before you add the svnserve command.

For the observant, since the Diskstation has a webserver, you could probably get the Apache subversion mods running too. I don’t really need that so i didn’t bother looking into it. Another thing that might interest you is that now you have telnet access and ipkg installed , you can install a whole host of other usefull tools a decent list is available here

Anyway if all has gone well, you can now go back to your PC, and browse your brand spankin’ new repository!

Enjoy!

Un grand merci à

http://runtothehills.org/rob/archives/25

• 2 semaines après...
  • 2 mois après...
  • 1 mois après...
  • 1 mois après...
  • 2 semaines après...
  • 2 semaines après...
  • 2 semaines après...
  • 2 ans après...

En faisant comme ca puis par appel d'un svn://ip/test, j'obtiens :